Friday, February 28, 2014

Quick Recap

Hey swishers! I know it has been a while since my last post, I apologize for the delay of posts and the missing posts. I will try to stay more frequent with my posts, it's just with the amount of work and things I have to do including this blog, it makes it hard to keep tabs on all of them. Moving on welcome back to Pro Swish! . I will be quickly talking about the previous All-Star weekend because I know I did not talk about it.
The 2014 All-Star weekend was, in my opinion, awful. There is almost no way to describe it for me. First of all the Shooting Stars was a extremely fun experience when it first was an event. Today, it is just like a pre game shoot around. I also hate the idea of the two sides and teams idea. The idea that out of two teams, one wins and moves on. I understand the whole charity aspect of it, but it was just awful. The contestants did not look like they wanted to be there and participate, and you when that happens, it has gotten bad.

Skill Challenge
Next thing is The Skills challenge. What was that? I would like to know whose idea it was to put two point guards on a team and play it that way. Once again the team aspect annoyed me. The fact they are two teams apart of one and see who moves on is just annoying. The finish was exciting, but the overall challenge was just awful.

Three Point Challenge
Moving on to the three point challenge, it just was not what I expected it to be. Once again, the idea of East and West working together is just stupid. Another thing was the shooters. I truthfully believe they are not putting enough thought into the actual shooters. The winner, Marco Belenelli? What? When was the last time you saw Marco Belenelli make consistent threes? Now, don't get me wrong, I love a good upset, but it seemed like the only one to upset was Steph Curry. Not only that, but he did awful. These guys aren't taking it serious enough.

Dunk Contest
Moving on to the Dunk Contest. This probably was the biggest upset to me than anything else. It annoys me that the NBA thinks they can put people like Ben Mclemore in the dunk contest and call it a Dunk Contest. I wasn't looking forward to him dunking, what I was looking for was for the East to obviously dominate the West, but for there to be some amazing dunks. The only dunks that actually showed me something was Paul George and John Wall. Those two were great, but there was nothing else. The west was absolutely awful, they were given no good dunkers and the fact that the winner was pieced by the audience was just ridiculous. Back in the day, the most amazing players to ever play the game would decide a winner, not a random guy sitting home.The opening round was also very disappointing. This was a warm up, yet they were still judged? I think if the NBA fails to meet expectations next year, everything goes down for the All-Star weekend. I also think the only way to improve the dunk contest is to get better dunks, but the problem is they don't want to participate in the contest, and that is the worst part. They also have to change the format and add a round.

Rising Stars and All-Star game
The Rising stars challenge was actually very cool, I liked it mostly because they actually tried unlike the  All-Stars in the All-Star game. Speaking of that, there was absolute no defense and there were better dunks than in the dunk contest. The NBA needs to rethink this and go back to square one before it all goes bad. I am going to grade it a 2 out of 10.

I will blog about LeBron James' recent headlines next time. Thanks for coming! Keep on Swishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment