Sunday, February 9, 2014

All Star Weekend is Here!!!!!

Hey Swishers! Welcome back and guess what time it is? ALL STAR WEEKEND!!!! All the good stuff like the three point and dunk contest! I CANNOT wait. The all star weekend will star with the BBVA Rising Stars challenge on February 14 and will end with the All-Star game on February 16. So let's start with the biggest headlines coming out starting with Damian Lillard from the Portland Trail Blazers making history being in 5 events. The five events being the dunk contest, 3-pt contest, Skills Challenge, Rising stars game, and finally the All-Star game. Damian Lillard who has just been dominate this season with a 20.8 PPG, 3.7 RPG, and 5.7 APG. Lillard, along with Wesley Matthews and LaMarcus Aldridge, has led the Blazers to a successful season thus far. I expect Lillard to have a huge weekend, tell me what you guys think of Lillard in the comments. The next story tht has brought up a lot of controversy is Kobe Bryant not only making the All-Star team, but starting. Kobe, who had not played a game this season was voted in by the viewers of the NBA. This has brought up the idea that the people have too much power with voting the starters. I think it is ridiculous that Kobe has been named starter and should be changed before the game. What do you guys think of this? The last thing being something not as big, but I feel should get some attention is the fact the rules for the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest have been changed to an extent. I'm only going to point out the most important details. For one I find it ridiculous they have split the contestants into the two conferences. This was the one contest that was super popular and did not matter if you were from the West or the East. Another thing is this battle round thing. I love the idea of putting people up against each other, but I find it annoying how the winner is going to be a conference. The Dunk contest has been criticized the past years cause of the weakness that has been brought to it and I feel like it is going to continue that if they keep these rules. Give me some feedback on what you think of this. But that's all for now guys! Over the next five days I will be posting a brief analysis on the most important contests for each day. Tomrrow will include two(Rising Stars and Shooting Stars) Thanks for coming! And leave me some feedback please it really helps! Keep on Swishing!🏀

No comments:

Post a Comment