Thursday, February 25, 2016

Lets talk about the Eastern Conference

So what exactly is wrong with the Eastern Conference? Analysts always seem to emphasize the fact the east is weak whenever they can. I would argue however in the west you have three contenders, one team still stuck on the border, and everyone else is background noise. In the east you have the Cavs and.....? Well I'm here trying to state that I think this year it had drastically improved with the emergence of the Raptors and of course my Celtics. Now I get it the Celtics are closer to being out of the playoffs than 2nd place but currently they're third and they earned that. And yes the raptors did get swept in the first round by the Wizards, but they didn't have Demarre Carrol then. So can anyone legitimately challenge the Cavs? Yes, the two teams I just stated, now that doesn't mean they'll win and play someone like the Warriors in the finals and lost in 4 or 5 games, but this idea that the Cavs are a shoe in just annoys me. I feel like people will look at records more than watch the team, now I've watched both these teams and they won't go away until the buzzer sounds. Come playoff team I especially think the Raptors will be making noise. 

How do you fix it?
So what's wrong with the East? Lack of talent? Poor GMs? Bad draft picks? I simply think it's just that players don't want to sign with Eastern Conference teams, and I don't know why. A big free agent this summer, Kevin Durant is gathering interest for the Warriors... Yes the Warriors! But why? Why doesn't he join a team like the Rwptors, Celtics, Heat already set up who need a piece to be in contention, and plus you're in the East? Why have to go through the Wariiors, Spurs, and Clippers? Lebron James? If that's really what you're scared of you shouldn't want to be on a contending team because eventually you will have to play him. This is a big summer for eastern teams and I hope that someone big signs or gets traded to a team looking for a piece like my celtics. Now as for teams at the bottoms like the 76ers and Nets, that is a lack of good management with the Nets trading their souls to the celtics for the next couple years and 76ers being a place to go if you wanna lose. Will it be fixed? Who knows. 


No comments:

Post a Comment