Thursday, January 14, 2016

Spurs Cavs game

This weeks spotlight in the NBA was put in tonight's Thursday night game on TNT matching up the Cleveland Cavaliers(1st in East) and the San Antonio Spurs(2nd in West). So what did we learn from this game? The Spurs are still the dominant team in the NBA. I get it the Warriors have a better record and the Cavs have Lebrom James but the Spurs are just so good defensively they are never out of the game. Looking at tonight's game I was thinking at the half that the Cavs were going to win this game narrowly, but then I looked back and thought, wow the Spurs are playing bad but they're defense is so elite they were somehow still in the game. I find it amazing how LaMarcus Aldrige can get 0 points in the first half and the Spurs still be able to win this game. Something that I noticed and thought about while watching the Cavs in the second half is, how much can Kyrie and Kevin Love step up with Lebron James in big games like this? Lebron can't win on his own in a seven game series and tonight showed me there is a reason to pause and worry about the supporting cast around Lebron. I personally believe they can win the East easily as long as these guys contribute something, now I understand the Spurs may have the best defense in the league, but hey the Cavs may have to meet these guys in the finals and Lebrons supporting cast is just as important as he is. As for the Spurs I was thoroughly impressed by the way Tony Parker stepped up and scored 24 for his team and also how Gregg Popovich can keep his team in the game mentally, but hey what else is new?

Well that's all for me Swishers! See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment